CHARACTERISTICS OF THE WORKS
POLYPTYCHS AND SERIES
SPECIAL PRIZES ENROLLMENT
- When is the deadline?
The entry deadline is at midnight (Italian time) of November 27th, 2018.
- How much is the entry fee?
The entry fee is:
- 85 €+22% VAT (103,70 €) for artists over 25 (born within the year 1992).
The fee allows to submit 4 works also in different sections; each additional work, following the 4th, costs 20€+22% VAT (24,40 €).
- 65 €+22% VAT (79,30 €) for artists under 25 (born in 1993 and later); artists under 25 must attach a copy of their ID when applying.
The fee allows to submit 4 works also in different sections; each additional work, following the 4th, costs 15€+22% VAT (18,30 €).
- The payment of the fee must be made before the selection process of the contest?
Yes, the fee must be paid at the time of the enrollment. The entry fee is for the partial coverage of the services offered by Arte Laguna and of the organizational costs. It allows each artist to present a portfolio of up to 4 works also in different sections, moreover, it allows to apply, without additional costs, to all the prizes by filling in, where required, the dedicated application form (money prizes, gallery exhibitions, art residencies, collaborations with companies and international festivals).
- Is it possible to apply as a group of artists?
Yes, it is possible to apply as a group of artists. The important thing is to insert in the application form the personal details of one person (the group's representative) and then in the "Alias" field or in the space dedicated to the biography it is possible to specify the group's name and the names of the other members.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE WORKS
- Which section does mosaic belong to?
Mosaic must be submitted to the painting section.
- Can I submit works made with the technique of lithography, aquatint or etching?
Yes, you can submit them to the painting section.
- Do I need to send the original work during the enrollment stage?
No, the original work must not be sent in the enrollment stage, but it will have to be sent for the final exhibition only in case it is selected. All the information about the shipping will be made available only to the selected artists.
- Must works be new? May they have also been submitted to other competitions?
No, it is not necessary for works to be new, and they may have already been submitted to other contests or other exhibitions. The submitted works may also have been exhibited in other contexts (or they may still be at the moment of the enrollment), the important thing is that they are available for the finalists exhibition at the Arsenale of Venice (16th March – 7th April 2019).
- If the work is no longer in my possession (if donated or sold), can I enter the contest?
Yes you can, provided that, if selected, the work may be temporarily be on view at the finalists exhibition in Venice (16th March – 7th April 2019).
- Is there a theme for the contest?
No, the theme is free.
POLYPTYCHS AND SERIES
- Can I submit a series to the painting section?
Yes you can, if the series does not exceed the maximum size of 175x175 cm per side. In this case it must be entered as a single work, loading it as one single jpg file. If the series exceeds 175x175 cm per side, you must submit each part of it as an individual work indicating that it is a series in the work specifications.
- Can I submit a series of photographs as one single work?
Yes you can, if the series does not exceed the maximum size of 175x175 cm per side. In this case it must be entered as one single work, loading it as one single jpg file. If the shots that make up the series, side by side, exceed 175x175 cm per side, you must submit each shot as one individual work indicating that it is a series in the work specifications.
- What materials do I need to upload when I submit an artwork?
Painting: 1 .jpg image of the artwork;
Photography: 1 .jpg image of the artwork;
Sculpture and installation: max 3 .jpg images of the artwork and a link to an explanatory video (non mandatory);
Virtual art: max 3.jpg images and link to an explanatory video (non mandatory);
Video art and short films: link to the video and 1 .jpg image (non mandatory);
Performance: link to video, 1 .jpg image and an explanatory file (doc or pdf);
Land art: max 3 .jpg images and an explanatory file (doc or pdf);
Digital graphics: 1 .jpg image of the artwork;
Urban art: max 3 .jpg images and an explanatory file (doc or pdf);
Design: max 3 .jpg images, a link to a video (non mandatory) and an explanatory file (doc or pdf).
- If I apply can I change my data later?
- How does the selection process take place?
The first selection stage is based on the photographic material sent by the artists at the time of the enrollment, which is made available to the jury through a digital database.
The jury will identify 200 or more artists, among which they will choose the 120 finalist artists who will exhibit in the group exhibition at the Arsenale of Venice from March 16th to April 7th 2019.The winners of all the other prizes will be selected by each partner based on the materials submitted by filling in the dedicated forms (where required). It is not necessary to be one of the finalists to have the chance to get selected for these additional opportunities.
- When must the works be dispatched?
The works must be sent only by the finalists artists for the collective exhibition which takes place from 16th March to 7th April 2019 at the Arsenale of Venice. All the information about the shipping will be sent by email. The shipping costs are the responsibility of the artists, while the Prize office will provide logistical support so that the works arrive correctly.
- Will the winning work remain the property of the artist?
Yes it will, the prize of 7,000 euro for each section is not a purchase prize, it is an actual money prize.
- Are there any extra fees to pay in case I get selected?
No, there are no additional fees to pay but the transportation costs and the costs for any specific materials needed for setting up the artworks will be at the expense of each artist Arte Laguna Prize takes care of the exhibition set-up and provides logistical assistance.
- With regard to the Land Art and Urban Art sections, what will be exhibited in the show?
The projects of the 5 finalists will be on view at the exhibition. The exhibition will be set up with the material sent upon registration together with any additional materials that will be required to make the projects clear to visitors.
- With regard to the Design section, what will be exhibited in the show?
For the exhibition at the Arsenale of Venice, the finalist designers will have to present a full-scale prototype or a scale model of their project based on the set-up choices by the organization.
SPECIAL PRIZES ENROLLMENT
- Is it possible to participate in the selections of the special prizes (art residencies, art galleries, festivals & exhibitions, business for art) without being enrolled in the Arte Laguna Prize?
To participate in the selection for the art residencies, the art galleries and the festivals & exhibitions it is necessary to enter the Arte Laguna Prize.
Regarding the "Business for Art" prizes, it is possible to apply directly without being enrolled in the Arte Laguna Prize, by filling in the dedicated application forms:
Fraccaro Spumadoro, Treviso, Italy
Tessitura Luigi Bevilacqua, Venice, Italy
47 Anno Domini, Treviso, Italy
- How can I participate in the selection for the art residencies?
To participate in the selection for the art residencies it is necessary to apply to the Arte Laguna Prize and fill in the dedicated form that will be sent by e-mail. Each artist can apply to all the residencies.